|Call for Female Principal Investigator
in Natural Sciences at Nagoya University
Call for Female Principal Investigator in Natural Sciences at Nagoya University
In order to facilitate gender equality, Nagoya University is seeking a female faculty member who can play a leading role in conducting research. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include teaching and administrative duties, as well as pursuing her own research.
Number of Positions: Two from the following five fields
Fields of Research:
1) Biological science: Full or Associate Professor
2) Forest and forest products science and related fields: Full or Associate Professor
3) Mathematics and mathematical sciences: Full or Associate Professor
4) Basic medical science: Full or Associate Professor
5) Organic chemistry: Full or Associate Professor
The following graduate schools at Nagoya University are jointly seeking a candidate. The successful candidate will be affiliated with one of these graduate schools.
1) Graduate School of Science
2) Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences
3) Graduate School of Mathematics*
4) Graduate School of Medicine**
5) Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences***
*If a candidate is not a native Japanese speaker and is affiliated with the Graduate School of Mathematics, she will be required to offer courses in Japanese within a few years from the arrival.
** We are seeking a scholar with expertise in any field of basic medical science.
***We are seeking a scholar with expertise in organic chemistry and promoting basic research. Previous experience in the pharmaceutical field is not a requirement for this position.
Starting Date: Early date in the 2018 academic year
Working Status: Permanent (tenured)*
* A female PI will be employed as a president-controlled faculty until March 31, 2023. Since April 1, 2023, she will be employed by an affiliated graduate school.
Salary: Annual salary system (subject to Nagoya University pay rules for teaching staff working as a professor, associate professor, lecturer, assistant professor or research associate covered under the annual salary system)
Deadline for Applications: 17:00 JST, Friday, March 30, 2018. Applications from outside Japan must also be received by 17:00 JST on that date. Please electronically submit a complete set of application materials by this time.
1) Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field.
2) Applicants must be capable of teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Electrical submission is preferred. Please make a password-protected zip file of a complete set of application materials and electrically submit the zip file to the following e-mail address. Please be sure to send us another file indicating a password. If electronic submission is not possible, a hard-copy submission by post is acceptable if sent to the postal address shown below:
In order to promote gender equality and work-life balance, Nagoya University provides childcare services, including nursery schools (for children aged 0 to 6 years) and an after-school daycare center (for elementary school-aged children).
Contact for Inquiries:
For further information, please contact us by e-mail.
Center for Gender Equality (email@example.com)
Screening and Selection Procedure:
・ Finalists will be interviewed after the application materials have been reviewed.
・ Any personal information obtained in the course of recruitment will be kept confidential and used solely for the purpose of screening, and will be destroyed once the recruitment process is completed (for those candidates who are not successful).
|Copyright (c)2010 Nagoya University. All Rights Reserved.|